Welcome, and thank you for visiting Whitehall Baptist online!
I hope you will join us for worship and that you will consider making this your church home. You are always welcome to join us as we grow in our Christian walk and serve Him together.
Pastor Douglas White
We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired word of God and the sole basis for our beliefs. This church formally subscribes to the doctrinal statement of “The Baptist Faith and Message” as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention on June 14, 2000. The following is a description of our beliefs in summarized form:
1. We believe the Holy Bible as the inspired Word of God, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is true God and man. He died on the cross for our sins. He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father and is now our High Priest and Advocate.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and therefore was lost. Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can man's salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
5. We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man's works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
6. We believe in a regenerated church membership: that is, persons old enough to understand their need for Jesus Christ and, of their own free will, accepted Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
7. We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord's Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the church in the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means for man's salvation.
8. We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His Second Coming inspires believers for dynamic and zealous life and service for Him while waiting for that event.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in hell.
10. We believe in the autonomy of the local church. The church shall manage its own affairs and shall not be subject to any other religious body or organization.
11. We believe that every human being has direct relations with God, and is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each church is independent and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastic or political authority; that therefore Church and State must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from dictation or patronage of the other. (e.g. 1Peter 2.13-15; James 4.12; Romans 14.4)
12. We believe that marriage has been created by God to join one biological man and one biological woman in a lifelong, exclusive relationship of mutual care, support and intimacy, and is the only legitimate context for sexual activity (e.g., Genesis 2. 18-25; 1 Corinthians 7.1-5; Ephesians 5.22-33; Hebrews 13.4)